As part of the BiCon2008 team which is in the early stages of venue evaluations I'm in a position of influence BEFORE the venue is chosen. I'd like feedback to ensure I'm considering issues which people consider important.
I'm currently considering:
* Geographic location and ease of travel from the nearest railway and bus stations as well as by car.
* Venue compactnesss, with accommodation as close to the rest of the venue space as pssible with noise from entertainments being as low as possible.
* 100% Wheelchair accessibility to all public BiCon space is essential (reception, workshop rooms, plenary room and social daytime and evening space) (have I missed anything?).
* Chill-out space separate from main entertanment and other bar space.
* Well lit venue areas and decent terrain (feedback on terrain would be helpful)...
I'll be going through the Special Needs databank as well....